Roles and Responsibilities
Role :Suitable Role UPI and IMPS Product
- Prepare overall strategy & roadmap for UPI & IMPS, in collaboration with various NPCI functions
- 360-degree P & L ownership
- Prepare short term & long term strategy taking into account the customer demand and analytics for allotted products
- Strategies the overall product offering for these products so as to increase its top line and transaction volume.
- Design product costing, pricing, specifications, norms and user guidelines.
- Drive feature enhancements for allotted products to implement future product lines; Coordinate with technology team for development of these feature
- Undertake regular meetings with external parties (government and regulatory bodies, merchant partners, banks etc.) to understand product issues and performance and ideate on ways for improvement
- Ensure that business development and operations team are aware of any feature enhancement and receive adequate training for it
- Drive product regulatory and compliance requirements
- Establish and enhance pipeline of product enhancements, developments and acceleration plans
- Design, Develop & Deliver based on market needs which is commercially viable for NPCI in long run
- Engage deeply with the ecosystem comprising but not limited to regulatory, government bodies, banks, merchants, aggregators and fintechs.
- Lead product enhancements for products as per customer needs and inputs from business development and analytics team
- Manage and meet financial and business metric performance indicators for UPI & IMPS including revenue targets, operating expense budgets, transaction volume, values, customer etc.
- 1. Prior experience in Product Management
- 2. Subject matter expertise in payment products with a digital-first mindset
- 3. Good understanding of technology and application to business
- 4. Strong business acumen, detail orientation and agile mindset
- 5. Strategic mindset with strong execution skills
- 6. Good analytical skills to assess the financial potential of new opportunities and existing business
- 7. Result oriented and comfortable in dealing with dynamically changing ambiguous situations.
- 8. Ability to understand, judge and manage product risk proactively
- 9. Positive / proactive stakeholder management i.e. internal & external
- 10. Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization
- 11. Able to effectively balance strategic imperatives and executional considerations to achieve necessary results
- 12. Highly proactive, solves problems
PG:MBA/PGDM in Any Specialization
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for retail payments in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) and is authorised under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 for providing payment and settlement systems in India. Considering the utility nature of NPCI, it has been incorporated as a “Not for Profit” Company under the provisions of Section 25 of Companies Act 1956 (now Section 8 of Companies Act 2013), with an intention to provide best in class digital payment infrastructure by creation of efficient and innovative retail payment platforms.
NPCI has recently set up two wholly owned subsidiaries, namely, NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) and NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) with the objective of adoption of NPCI’s payment platforms globally, and to create a Unified Bill Payment Infrastructure within India, respectively.
NPCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.