Roles and ResponsibilitiesRole - Senior Associate - State Government Relationship
- Be the primary point of contact in States on behalf of NPCI for Govt. Business
- Develop a strategy and sales plan to address designated territory and accounts
- Leverage existing relationships in Govt. departments to develop Business based on NPCI products by identifying new opportunities and by prospecting in Govt. Departments
- Develop strong relationships with all Government teams, Smart Cities in States for increasing volumes particularly in products such as NACH, UPI, NETC, RuPay, etc.
- Undertake Presentations, manage project cycle of new initiatives, and take ownership of project completion
- Manage an accurate monthly, quarterly, yearly forecast of new projects
- Liaise effectively within internal NPCI departments for support
- Run effective marketing campaigns for NPCI products across States & designated territories
- Responsible for market penetration and building up of volumes of all products under NPCI umbrella with assigned Banks
- Develop relationship with assigned Banking accounts across all functions in the account.
- Successfully negotiate closure in line with strategic priorities, revenue and profitability targets by understanding clients existing business model.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs. Manage and grow business in collaboration with internal constituents to create a go-to-market approach, including sales, marketing plans and the service delivery models for both existing and new products
- Align and manage internal stakeholders within products and technology to create momentum and drive the business
- Serve as the expert and advocate for the payments landscape to identify and understand the opportunities, challenges and potential priorities to establish mutually beneficial partnerships/ commercial relationships.
- Consulting, solution selling, analytical, and business development skills
- Well versed with specifically Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word (MS Office)
- Have excellent proficiency in English - written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare Sales plans and forecast
- Should be resourceful and able to work on tight deadlines with Govt. departments
- Proven track record in Build effective sales and business development
- Proven working experience in business development or a relevant role in Card Division of Banks/ Prepaid Issuer Companies/ Fintechs / Application Service Providers
- Proven Sales Track Record
- Market knowledge, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport, time management and planning skills
- Should have no difficulty in travelling frequently
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG:MBA/PGDM in Any Specialization,M.Tech in Any Specialization
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for retail payments in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) and is authorised under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 for providing payment and settlement systems in India. Considering the utility nature of NPCI, it has been incorporated as a “Not for Profit” Company under the provisions of Section 25 of Companies Act 1956 (now Section 8 of Companies Act 2013), with an intention to provide best in class digital payment infrastructure by creation of efficient and innovative retail payment platforms.
NPCI has recently set up two wholly owned subsidiaries, namely, NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) and NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) with the objective of adoption of NPCI’s payment platforms globally, and to create a Unified Bill Payment Infrastructure within India, respectively.
NPCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.