Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization
- Responsible for risk assessments such as the Risk and Controls Self Assessments, Risk Scorecards, Risk Profile and additional artifacts
- Document, and ensure communication of, key risks and prepare/update policy, process and procedure documents and reports
- Contributing to the RM function by having industry, external and internal business awareness, recognizing and anticipating trends, identifying issues and opportunities, and recommending action
- Responsibility to prepare policies and limits in accordance with Risk Appetite / Risk Objectives and to provide oversight, challenge and advice to the First Line of Defense (1LoD).
- Recommend ways to control or reduce risk. Advise others on risk related business or operational matters
- Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources. Gather organizational performance information.
- Develop or implement or contribute in enhancing risk-assessment models or methodologies
- Oversee root cause evaluation and investigations relating to first line Controls of incidences.
- Participate in root cause analysis of any relevant issues reported
- Assisting the Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risks and mitigating controls in their business units, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Work for Enterprise Risk Management by producing the risk maps for each operating business unit
- Understand & enhancing risk management framework, concepts, and risk awareness at NPCI
- Help business managers to effectively execute the process in a manner which enhances overall risk management capabilities
- Conduct ad-hoc risk management related analyses and perform root cause analyses related to issues associated with key processes
- Provide project management leadership/support and assistance for key Risk initiatives.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Preferred 6 - 10 years of direct, relevant experience in risk identification and management, enterprise risk management, operational risk management, incident governance, compliance and/or audit.
- Candidate should have worked extensively on maturing the risk culture through diligent initiatives.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in the financial services industry and a working knowledge of financial regulatory requirements
- Profound knowledge of Risk Management (regulatory requirements, industry leading practices & trends in Operational Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management) is must
- Deep hands-on experience in ERM implementation through some GRC tool and Risk Analytics will be highly desirable, or a similar role in an internal control or audit environment
- Ability to translate broad business issues and risks into a practical framework and deal with complex issues quickly
- Ability to articulate complex concepts and information in a clear, concise, and structured manner
- Understanding of banking guidelines and regulations
- Experience in Incident Management (Handling of incidents throughout the life cycle from identification till closure) and converting its impact on various risks.
- Proven leadership, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong strategic, analytical, and decision making skills
- A good understanding of payment, clearing and settlement processes
- Proven relationship management skills and ability to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders (often without organizational structure) through persuasion, intellect, experience, strong interpersonal skills etc.;
- Leveraging of skills of the wider team (and ensuring that there is coordinated activity and ability to manage priorities to ensure delivery in a constantly changing environment;
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
The Company is focused on bringing innovations in the retail payment systems through the use of technology for achieving greater efficiency in operations and widening the reach of payment systems.
NPCI, has products like RuPay- debit, credit and prepaid cards, UPI(Unified Payments Interface), BHIM(Bharat Interface Money), AEPS(Aadhaar Enabled Payment Services), CTS(Cheque Truncation System), IMPS(Immediate Payment Services), NFS(National Financial Switch), NACH(National Automated Clearing House),NETC , Bharat Bill Pay, *99#.For more detailed information on the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Products & Services. You can log on to https://www.npci.org.in/