Roles and Responsibilities
1. Specification management
- Analyse the impacts for any changes in the functionality.
- To drive creation/review of HLD of the service corresponding to the business requirement for EMV, contactless specification including the system architecture and message specification in close coordination technology team.
- Stay abreast in EMV technology to enhance and update RuPay EMV specification and implementation documents.
- Review and create the development and implementation of policies and procedures necessary to support EMV implementation in NPCI Switch and certification platform.
- Support the development of service and operating agreements.
- Interact with card vendor, terminal and processor be able to manage and analyze EMV implementation and recommend enhanced and upgraded business processes.
- Use knowledge andunderstanding of EMV technology to train and/or facilitate working of various vendor on RuPay platform.
- Interface with certification team and certification partner for ensuring smooth running of the system testing, performance tests and compliance testing to validate solution functionalities in an efficient manner.
- To interface with technology build and run teams around design queries and defect resolutions, to ensure effective communication and implementation of changes, modifications, and improvements for EMV project.
- Liaise with IS team to get the security sign off on the technical architecture to ensure the proposed architecture is in compliance with NPCI security policies.
- Partner with certification team to share update on certification scope.
- Share the other teams on EMVCo and PCI compliance requirement.
- Review test cases and certification process.
- Use knowledge of NPCI dual interface card, platforms & standards and advise internal/external customers on certification process.
- Provide support to upgrading security evaluation for EMV device.I
- dentify opportunities to improve processes, enhance quality of service.
- Review and identified gap in security guideline and Take up identified gaps with device provider to ensure solution on these gaps
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for retail payments in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) and is authorised under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 for providing payment and settlement systems in India. Considering the utility nature of NPCI, it has been incorporated as a “Not for Profit” Company under the provisions of Section 25 of Companies Act 1956 (now Section 8 of Companies Act 2013), with an intention to provide best in class digital payment infrastructure by creation of efficient and innovative retail payment platforms.
NPCI has recently set up two wholly owned subsidiaries, namely, NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) and NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) with the objective of adoption of NPCI’s payment platforms globally, and to create a Unified Bill Payment Infrastructure within India, respectively.