Roles and ResponsibilitiesMinimum of 5+ years of experience in handling larger Online Transaction Processing Databases.Lead DBA should have experience in High Volume Online transaction processing/Payment Transaction processing in production database activity for operational improvements to include CPU, Disk, memory utilization, space utilization, security infractions and overall performance of databases. Database migration between data centers and cloud environments using custom or commercial products and protocols. Good hands-on experience in managing enterprise RDBMS and NoSQL databases on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent. Knowledge in configuring datastax Cassandra/spark.Hands on experience in configuring, adding, removing, upgrading and decommissioning Cassandra nodes/data centers.
Lead Database Administrator will be responsible monitoring, managing and working in 24 x 7 environment. NPCI has PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Redis / Elastic Search as database for different production applications. Responsible to work in 24 x 7 co-ordinate with application and operations team, to achieve desired results. Should be an individual contributor, should have ability to exile with the team. Should be quick leaner. Should be able to follow the policies and procedure related to database, implement & maintain the production environment.
- Database Design & Architect
- Design and Architecture Enterprise Class Database System for 10000 TPS.
- Evaluating existing Database systems and designing proposed Architecture based on the broadcasted transaction volume.
- Responsible for overall Administration Activites of PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search and Redis Databases.
- Database security Enhancements and Hardening of Database Systems as per Organization Compliance Policies.
- Recommend solutions for database security, backup and recovery specifications, by analyzing database physical structure and functional capabilities.
- Design and Implement Database Backup and Retention Policies as per Project Requirement to comply with RTO and RPO.
- Design Data warehouse system for Archival Transactions as per the Retention Policy
- Understand and Identifies database requirements by analyzing applications/programming, and operations.
- Should able to Develop and Optimize Store Procedures and Triggers.
- Database System Optimization tasks like Query Optimization, OS Optimization, Storage Optimization and Overall Database Instances and Cluster Optimizations.
- Develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime.
- Design and Implementation Multi Master Replication for All Database Systems for High Availability.
- Estimate PostgreSQL / Cassandra database capacity planning.
- Capacity Planning and Requirement for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and Data Backup solutions
- Automation of Database DR Drill and Deployment Activities using Ansible / Jenkins.
- Planning and Execution of Change Management System at Production Database.
- Database version Upgradation (Minor or Major Version) to be performed for All RDBMS and NoSQL Database Systems as per Organization Compliance Policies.
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
- Participate in Database code review with Development team and optimize queries and procedures before implementation in Production.
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance
- Give direction and manage Quarterly DR Drills and Site Switchover activities as per BCP.
- Responsible for monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
- Maintain High Availability Database Systems with Zero Downtime.
- Bring in effective monitoring controls for PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search and Redis Databases.
- Proactive Monitoring and take appropriate actions for better health checks of databases.
- Should able to do Perform Documentation and Presentation of Database Requirements to Management Committee.
- Good experience monitoring all production database activity for operational improvements to include CPU, Disk, memory utilization, space utilization, security infractions and overall performance of databases.
- PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search & Redis Database Administration.
- PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search & Redis Performance Tuning.
- PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search & Redis Backup and Recovery.
- PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search & Redis High Availability.
- PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Elastic Search & Redis Development.
- Linux Administration and Shell Scripting.Python Scripting
- Jenkins and Ansible
- AWS Administration
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
National Payments Corporation of India
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
The Company is focused on bringing innovations in the retail payment systems through the use of technology for achieving greater efficiency in operations and widening the reach of payment systems.
NPCI, has products like RuPay- debit, credit and prepaid cards, UPI(Unified Payments Interface), BHIM(Bharat Interface Money), AEPS(Aadhaar Enabled Payment Services), CTS(Cheque Truncation System), IMPS(Immediate Payment Services), NFS(National Financial Switch), NACH(National Automated Clearing House),NETC , Bharat Bill Pay, *99#.For more detailed information on the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Products & Services. You can log on to https://www.npci.org.in/