Roles and Responsibilities
Education & Experience:
LLB with 6-8 years’ work experience in international regulatory requirements for payments products. Candidates having expertise in regulatory guidelines in the Fintech space related to payments compliance, remittance, and other financial products will be preferred. Candidates with experience at corporate, law firm or in-house, or a combination of all.
The purpose of this job role is to look into legal and compliance related aspects for the organization and continuous monitoring of the same. Ensuring that the organization complies with the regulatory/ statutory compliances required in India and international jurisdictions, as the case may be.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out due diligence exercise in order to understand the applicable laws in India and international jurisdictions;
- Ensure that the business is consistent with the current regulations;
- Continuously monitor worldwide regulations and emerging trends in the sector impacting the organization
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the company business in India complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation
- Developing and implementing compliance policies, processes and procedures;
- Identify gaps in the existing policy frameworks and suggest changes as required based on applicable regulations
- Assisting internal stakeholders in formulation of policies and processes from a legal and compliance perspective while also helping them identify regulatory and operational risks
- Incorporate inputs and finalize commercial / business contracts such as LOI, MOU, NDA, cooperation/ teaming/consortium contracts, IT/Software/IP contracts, etc.
- Identifying and mitigating legal and regulatory risks in documents and commercial arrangements
- Advising internal stakeholders on compliance with legal requirements pertaining to local and international payments as well as data privacy and protection legislations;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and other documents that are complex, high-risk and strategic in nature, with domestic and foreign entities;
- Advising internal stakeholders on governing law and dispute resolution mechanisms to be opted for agreements with foreign entities and issues in relation to opting for foreign laws as the substantive law and foreign dispute resolution mechanism;
- Working closely with business teams on identification of the commercial and operational risks
- Keep abreast with, review and update internal stakeholders with the recent changes in laws and regulations as may be applicable to the payment and settlement industry
- Coordinate with external counsels for seeking legal opinions, drafting / reviewing documents on commercial and policy
- Advising other functions within the organizations on legal issues pertaining to their functioning
- Providing legal analysis in relation to new business initiatives and products
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to handle emergency situations.
- Decision making skills
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Good communication skills (written & spoken)
Perks and BenefitsAs per industry standards
UG:LLB in Law
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
National Payments Corporation of India
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
The Company is focused on bringing innovations in the retail payment systems through the use of technology for achieving greater efficiency in operations and widening the reach of payment systems.
NPCI, has products like RuPay- debit, credit and prepaid cards, UPI(Unified Payments Interface), BHIM(Bharat Interface Money), AEPS(Aadhaar Enabled Payment Services), CTS(Cheque Truncation System), IMPS(Immediate Payment Services), NFS(National Financial Switch), NACH(National Automated Clearing House),NETC , Bharat Bill Pay, *99#.For more detailed information on the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Products & Services log on to https://www.npci.org.in/