Roles and Responsibilities
AML Transaction Monitoring:
Setting up robust processes, systems and tools to facilitate monitoring & reporting in line with regulatory guidelines. Create processes, SOP and office notes on the process changes / new initiatives. Ensure processing & analyzing data and identifying suspicious cases wherever applicable in line with PMLA Act
Submission of STR reports:
Reviewing & approving the ground of suspicion for STR Submission. Reporting STRs within 7 days after establishing that the case is a ML case.
Alliance Partner Management:
Designing AML Questionnaire and Declaration for International Alliance Partners. Ensure consolidating the responses received from them timely and on receipt of similar questionnaires from our Alliance Partners, collating responses from concerned persons and sharing it with respective Alliance Partners.
AML risk identification at the time of onboarding the members
Overseeing the Monitoring AML risk during the onboarding process for proposed new NPCI products, ensure sanction list/ OFAC/PEP and NL members are identified / taken up for action
Train the team on the AML processes and keep them abreast on all recent regulatory aspects & applicability
Ensure back up creation and resourcefull allocation of activity with optimum productivity.
AML Risk Assessment (Ongoing) & AML Training and awareness:
Conducting AML Risk Assessment of member banks which are getting on-boarded for new products as per the guidelines.Employee awareness and training programs to be conducted in line with regulatory requirement
- Any Graduate
- AML CAMS/CAMI/IIBF or any equivalent Certification
- Indepth knowledge of PMLA, RBI, FIU guidelines. Also having basic understanding of FATF, OFAC, BSA guidelines at an entity level
- Should have CAMI (Certified Anti Money Laundering Investigator) or equivalent certification on AML / KYC
- Should have 8 – 12 years of prior experience, preferably from Banking, Fintech, payment gateway or aggregator background
- Should have sound knowledge on risk assessment & STR filing processes
- Should be confident & dynamic in terms of managing regulatory bodies, members & FIU
- Should have good analytical ability in handling data / information and tools for transaction screening & monitoring
National Payments Corporation of India
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
The Company is focused on bringing innovations in the retail payment systems through the use of technology for achieving greater efficiency in operations and widening the reach of payment systems.
NPCI, has products like RuPay- debit, credit and prepaid cards, UPI(Unified Payments Interface), BHIM(Bharat Interface Money), AEPS(Aadhaar Enabled Payment Services), CTS(Cheque Truncation System), IMPS(Immediate Payment Services), NFS(National Financial Switch), NACH(National Automated Clearing House),NETC , Bharat Bill Pay, *99#.For more detailed information on the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Products & Services. You can log on to https://www.npci.org.in/