Experience: Minimum post qualification experience of 12 plus years in relevant area with Experience in B2B and B2C financial institutions, fintech companies and credit institutions.
- Key Responsibilities
- Legal Advisory for both domestic and international markets on broad range like tax, commercial, new acquisition and savings, JV, merger and acquisition, dispute resolution, litigation, employment, ethics, operation, project management, privacy, data protection, fraud, cybercrime including communication, facilities and real estate Authoring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating, RFP/contracts with views of contractual, commercial & legal risks.
- Assisting the business with deal structuring and terms from a legal and compliance perspective
- Advising management and other functional partners on legal and regulatory issues generally instructing and working with external counsel, reviewing and negotiating legal opinions and supervising the legal due diligence involving the business and transactions.
- Develop & implement the IP strategy for the company's proprietary research & product development programs. Prepare an estimated yearly budget for all IP matters, including maintenance of patent, and preparation & prosecution of patent applications.
- Establishing and maintaining the global and local compliance processes, governance and operating framework.
- Leading the Compliance function by supporting business in all compliance related matters in areas of compliance risk management, policies and procedures, training and communication, advise and support, whistleblowing channels, compliance controls, monitoring and compliance reviews, compliance audits, investigation, consequences for misconduct, remediation and case tracking.
- Providing legal analysis in relation to new business initiatives and products.
- Participating in product and industry working group calls and meetings
- Assisting in the review and development of legal forms, policies, procedures and systems participating actively in product legal department initiatives including regulatory review and other projects Required
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the NPCI complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation.
- Identifying legal issues and risks that may affect NPCI business (and ensuring that Management team is properly advised concerning those issues).
- Providing legal guidance relating to the formulation and implementation of NPCI strategies and policies.
Required Candidate profile
Desirable Knowledge/ Skills
- Expertise in local and international legislative initiatives like Data Protection, Sanctions, FATF, and AML.
- Expertise in payment regulations (MC/Visa/AmEx) and general knowledge on PCI-DSS
- Extensive experience in dealing with regulators and supervisors
- Experience with M&A deals
- Good drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills
- Able to appreciate and grasp concepts of law from jurisdictions other than India
- Ability to identify and escalate issues in a timely and appropriately manner
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new businesses and subjects in which lawyer may not have expertise
1) Excellent planning and organizing skills
2) Ability to handle emergency situations.
3) Decision making skills
4) Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
5) Good communication skills (written & spoken)
6) Past experience in people and resource management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:LLB - Law
National Payments Corporation of India
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
The Company is focused on bringing innovations in the retail payment systems through the use of technology for achieving greater efficiency in operations and widening the reach of payment systems.
NPCI, has products like RuPay- debit, credit and prepaid cards, UPI(Unified Payments Interface), BHIM(Bharat Interface Money), AEPS(Aadhaar Enabled Payment Services), CTS(Cheque Truncation System), IMPS(Immediate Payment Services), NFS(National Financial Switch), NACH(National Automated Clearing House),NETC , Bharat Bill Pay, *99#.
For more detailed information on the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Products & Services. You can log on to http://www.npci.org.in/
Contact Company:National Payments Corporation of India