Roles and Responsibilities
Profile: Head Engineering (Delivery) Offline Products
Qualification & Experience – B.E. / B.Tech / MCA with more than 12 plus years of relevant experience in Design, Implement & support open stack applications, databases with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) capabilities as per google set standards.
- Expected Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management, uptime, automation, resilience of all software applications and components related to NPCI product solution.
- Building resilient architecture for disasters and emergencies.
- Responsible for 24X7X365 operations, Incident Tracking, perform root cause analysis, follow call closure, interactions for stakeholders for problem resolution with compliance to timelines
- Deliver 99.99% uptime
Make extensive use of data and analytics
Take responsibility for defining and implementing quality standards and policies. Own and develop testing tools and processes, which ensure the quality of NPCIs payment infrastructure.
Provide in-depth specialized expertise on business, functional and technical requirements, operating regulation and best practice on new technology solutions to banks, vendors, and internal teams.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Operational Responsibilities:
- Manage technological operations to ensure swift issue resolution – be the first point of resolution.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly dashboards and review of daily / weekly/ by-weekly/ monthly performance dashboards
- Responsible for Audit and compliance
- Team Building:
- Responsible for building a strong technical team with self-sufficiency
- o Develop small functionality or reports in the existing application
- o Bug fixing
- o Automation of execution of DR drills with ability to do data base changes
- Develop AI competencies, capability in the team, identify and deliver AI based projects.
- Manage the team with high performance culture
- Collaborate with inward, tech, product, Build team
- Interaction with banks and other ecosystem to ensure target, success ratio is achieved
- Advisory to banks on acquiring payments tech performance
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving & communication skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Preferred experience in AI projects
- Experience with the NOSQL databases like Postgres, Cassandra is mandatory.
- Extensive knowledge on in memory DB like Redis and Message system like Kafka
- Exposure and understanding in the area of Big Data, Hadoop and MapR,
- Experience in Agile Scrum development process.
- Working experience in continuous integration using tools, build tools and automation of system testing, monitoring and alerts
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Experience in running high availability technology system
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG:MCA in Any Specialization
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
The Company is focused on bringing innovations in the retail payment systems through the use of technology for achieving greater efficiency in operations and widening the reach of payment systems.
NPCI, has products like RuPay- debit, credit and prepaid cards, UPI(Unified Payments Interface), BHIM(Bharat Interface Money), AEPS(Aadhaar Enabled Payment Services), CTS(Cheque Truncation System), IMPS(Immediate Payment Services), NFS(National Financial Switch), NACH(National Automated Clearing House),NETC , Bharat Bill Pay, *99#.For more detailed information on the Vision, Mission, Objectives and Products & Services. You can log on to https://www.npci.org.in/