Roles and Responsibilities
Profile: Head Engineering (Delivery) Offline Products
Qualification & Experience – B.E. / B.Tech / MCA with more than 12 plus years of relevant experience in Design, Implement & support open stack applications, databases with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) capabilities as per google set standards.
- Expected Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management, uptime, automation, resilience of all software applications and components related to NPCI product solution.
- Building resilient architecture for disasters and emergencies.
- Responsible for 24X7X365 operations, Incident Tracking, perform root cause analysis, follow call closure, interactions for stakeholders for problem resolution with compliance to timelines
- Deliver 99.99% uptime
Make extensive use of data and analytics
Take responsibility for defining and implementing quality standards and policies. Own and develop testing tools and processes, which ensure the quality of NPCIs payment infrastructure.
Provide in-depth specialized expertise on business, functional and technical requirements, operating regulation and best practice on new technology solutions to banks, vendors, and internal teams.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Operational Responsibilities:
- Manage technological operations to ensure swift issue resolution – be the first point of resolution.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly dashboards and review of daily / weekly/ by-weekly/ monthly performance dashboards
- Responsible for Audit and compliance
- Team Building:
- Responsible for building a strong technical team with self-sufficiency
- o Develop small functionality or reports in the existing application
- o Bug fixing
- o Automation of execution of DR drills with ability to do data base changes
- Develop AI competencies, capability in the team, identify and deliver AI based projects.
- Manage the team with high performance culture
- Collaborate with inward, tech, product, Build team
- Interaction with banks and other ecosystem to ensure target, success ratio is achieved
- Advisory to banks on acquiring payments tech performance
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving & communication skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Preferred experience in AI projects
- Experience with the NOSQL databases like Postgres, Cassandra is mandatory.
- Extensive knowledge on in memory DB like Redis and Message system like Kafka
- Exposure and understanding in the area of Big Data, Hadoop and MapR,
- Experience in Agile Scrum development process.
- Working experience in continuous integration using tools, build tools and automation of system testing, monitoring and alerts
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Experience in running high availability technology system
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG:MCA in Any Specialization
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for retail payments in India, is an initiative of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) and is authorised under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 for providing payment and settlement systems in India. Considering the utility nature of NPCI, it has been incorporated as a “Not for Profit” Company under the provisions of Section 25 of Companies Act 1956 (now Section 8 of Companies Act 2013), with an intention to provide best in class digital payment infrastructure by creation of efficient and innovative retail payment platforms.
NPCI has recently set up two wholly owned subsidiaries, namely, NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) and NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) with the objective of adoption of NPCI’s payment platforms globally, and to create a Unified Bill Payment Infrastructure within India, respectively.
NPCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.