Tittle : Senior Associate / Lead - PostgreSql Database
Experience : 5+ years of relevant experience
Education : Graduate degree (Preferably Computer Science)
The SA/Lead - PostgreSQL Database will be responsible monitoring, managing and working in 24 x 7 environment. NPCI has Oracle / MS SQL and PostgreSQL / MYSQL as database for different production applications. Responsible to work in 24 x 7 co-ordinate with application and operations team, to achieve desired results. Should be an individual contributor, should have ability to exile with the team. Should be quick leaner. Should be able to follow the policies and procedure related to database, implement & maintain the production environment.
This position will collaborate frequently with Application team, internal Infrastructure Operations teams.
- Understand and Identifies database requirements by analyzing applications/programming, and operations.
- Evaluating existing DB systems and designing proposed systems based on the broadcasted transaction volume.
- Recommends solutions for database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications, by analysing database physical structure and functional capabilities.
- Payment domain with Online Transaction processing exposure is preferable
- Strong implementation experience in BDR, EFM in larger Databases.
- Database Administration, Database Monitoring and Database Health Checks.
- Installation and Configuration of PostgreSQL Database for a large enterprise environment.
- PostgreSQL Development Exposure and working with Application developers for DB Patch Deployment and Database Design.
- DB Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Backup and Recovery Planning and for a large size Database with Clearing understanding of DB Restoration and PITR.
- PostgreSQL High Availability features with Multiple Replication Protocols for Control Switchover and Failover Concepts.
- Well Verse with Shell Scripting to automate Routine DB Activities and Maintenance.
- Familiarity with Multi-Master Replication between different geographical locations.
- Migration experience of EDB PPAS Database to Open Source Community PostgreSQL with Minimal Downtime.
- Prior experience in PostgreSQL DB upgrades without any downtime.
- Well Verse with Writing Functions / Procedures / Triggers and Complex Queries
- Linux Administration with Networking (Preferable)
- IBM TSM and DB Storage Capacity Planning.
- Good Communication Skills written and verbal.
- Prepare Documentation and Presentations for Current and Future Enhancement of Database.
- Should able to recommend and give demonstration for the best possible tools to be used for large financial enterprise environment.
- Should able to work independently 24/7 on Rotational Shifts.
- Unix/Linux administration with Shell Scripting is a plus.
- PostgerSQL Administration and Development.
- High Availability with Backup and Recovery of PostgreSQL.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization of OS, Database and SQL Queries.
- DB Upgradation and Migration.
Graduate degree (Preferably Computer Science)
Certification in DB Administration
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Any Graduate - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:MCA - Computers, Post Graduation Not Required, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Any Specialization, M.Tech - Any Specialization
National Payments Corporation of India
Contact Company:National Payments Corporation of India