The VP-Data Center build oversees the design, construction and commissioning of new construction, including overall project management. He will be responsible for the oversight of electrical, mechanical, controls and architectural.
Key Responsibilities -
- Lead & guide large team of site engineers / supervisors.
- Managing the project documentation which includes shop drawings, material submittal, bills certification, measurements, as built drawings, O&M manuals.
- Examine Project Execution Schedule (PES) submitted by contractor and monitored monthly PES updates and coordinating with designers and Consultant for technical and site issues, etc.
- Manage fit-out projects from initiation stage till completion and handing over to Property Operations Project Plan for fit-out projects.
- Monitoring and execution of construction works within the project timelines.
- Laying, splicing and testing of fiber optic cabling Laying, terminating and testing of copper Cat6 data & Voice cabling (including Krone blocks).
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture meeting client needs.
- Develop project documentation and provide advice as a Technical Authority
- Liaison with Government and other regulatory authorities. Manage the statutory compliances.
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation for Software Designed Data Center Infrastructure for converged technologies.
- Through knowledge of Software defined Data Centre / Green Data Centre.
- Design and optimize business application architecture using regular private and/or public cloud services.
- Design shared infrastructure architecture (Private and Public Cloud fabric, Servers, SAN, Network, Security equipment) based upon services catalogue.
- Maintain and review the infrastructure services catalogue.
- Collaborate on the definition of worldwide technical standards.
- Perform technology and market watch.
- Ensure excellence in Health & Safety (H&S) by providing visible leadership and driving for the execution of the basics of the H&S operating model and adherence to Group H&S standards and policies.
- Project management and oversight of construction related activities for new builds. This will include ownership of project scope, timeline and budget.
- Manage the life cycle of design/build projects
- Manage technical and contractual issues during projects
- Creation of request for proposals and capital requests.
- Conduct weekly project status meetings and provide status reports
- Oversee all engineers, subcontractors and vendors working on the project
- Formulate architectural and engineering construction documents
- Keep proper, organized records of all check lists, safety records and project correspondences
- Operational support including review of procedures, best practices and maintenance initiatives.
Desirable Knowledge/ Skills :
In-depth understanding of network technologies especially for areas of Routing, Switching, Firewall, different types of communication links (like MPLS, Frame Relay, Point to point links, ISDN etc.).
- Experience in Execution of Data Centre buildings of Tier III and IV standards.
- Design and implement innovative structured cabling solutions for data centre builds and expansions
- Design and implement innovative power solutions
- Design and build out new test and production data centre infrastructure
- Creation of data canter room layout schematics
- Assist in creating global data centre infrastructure standards
- Identify automation opportunities and implement solutions in deployment, monitoring, resiliency, telemetry and more.
- Engineering, design and implementation
1) Excellent planning and organizing skills
2) Ability to handle emergency situations.
3) Decision making skills
4) Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
5) Good communication skills (written & spoken)
6) Past experience in people and resource management
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication, Electrical
Contact Company:National Payments Corporation of India society