This position provides leadership to the NPCI Data center Operations, the position leads functions of DC operations, DC Service transition, Service delivery, Business support group and internal DC infrastructure projects. Responsible for costing and budgeting of data-center operations, SLAs, efficiency improvement and ensuring year on year cost reduction, manpower and revenue assurance.
- Responsible and accountable for Datacenter infrastructure uptime and hosting services including IT (Server, Network, Backup, Firewall, etc.)
- Analyzes business critical Data Center Operations Priority & issues for the past 24 hours in an attempt to find learning opportunities for the organization.
- Ensure that operational production processes are clearly documented, communicated, adhered to, and audit compliant.
- Provide technical and personnel leadership to data center operations team.
- Implementation of Change management process within the stipulated window
- Manage team and vendors to deploy new data center infrastructure Manage/Plan server deployments to optimize power, cooling space and network Develop, analyze, and report on monthly metrics statistics for the Data Center Operations team.
- Technology transformation of NPCI projects taking into consideration all the innovation considering the Social, Mobility, Analytics & Cloud Computing aspects.
- The identification, planning, shifting and setting up the NPCI's Own Data Centre which is critical and mission important project.
- Manage the Information, Communication, Technology (ICT) architecture effectively and efficiently.
- Effective management of Telecommunication assets and services - Availability and security of the infra services.
- Effective management of Data/DR Centres and assets within from utilization, availability and security perspective.
- Train & Guide the IT team on Security principles and ensure its adoption to improve security posture of the organization.
- Monitor Backup, restorations, and DR drills, implement IT security and internal controls at the regional / group level.
- Manage purchasing, budgeting, and budget reviews. Familiarity with HVAC systems or other physical infrastructure.
- Prepare phase-out plans for all data center systems and ensure that the systems are retired at the least cost and without any business interruptions.
Monitor the dash board of complete DC operation.
- Ensure that all systems complain the licensing policy of the software vendors and if not, notify the management of all such violations and the impact of such violations.
Desirable Knowledge/ Skills
- Assist in creating global data center infrastructure standards
- Understanding of network technologies especially for areas of Routing, Switching, Firewall, different types of communication links (like MPLS, Frame Relay, Point to point links, ISDN etc.).
- Identify automation opportunities and implement solutions in deployment, monitoring, resiliency, telemetry and more.
- Engineering, design and implementation
1) Excellent planning and organizing skills
2) Ability to handle emergency situations.
3) Decision making skills
4) Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
5) Good communication skills (written & spoken)
6) Past experience in people and resource management
Note: The eligibility criteria can be relaxed for the candidates with strong domain knowledge and experience.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication
Contact Company:National Payments Corporation of India society